Saturday, September 1, 2007

Reach for the low hanging fruit

I like to tape notes around me
Little yellow leaves
Reminding me what to do
Think big
Change the world
Confidently follow your dreams
I like things that inspire me to live well
And this week at work
I heard
Don't send us big ideas
We don't understand
Don't expect anyone to answer you
We are all overwhelmed
Why don't you just pick the low hanging fruit

I am underwhelmed and silent
Mother Teresa said you are where you need to be
But I feel that I am needed somewhere else
I don't fit here picking the falls off the ground
When I want the bright, shining apples
Growing at the top of the tree

2 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

How upsetting for you. I hope you get the fruit at the top of the tree. Talk to you tonight?

Love,
T.

Inner Elder said...

What a beautiful way to express a most frustrating experience! See - even nasty stuff produces yummy "fruit". Listen to your poet's heart. Love, Mom